EEO Public File Report
Covering the Period from February 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017
Station: KCCU, Lawton, Oklahoma
Licensee: Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section
73.2080(c) (6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf KCCU / Cameron University and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of this station and posted on the station website.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning February 1, 2016 to and including January 31, 2017 (the “Applicable Period”).
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rules requires that this Report contain the following
1. A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station
Employment Unit during the Applicable Period.
2. For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy
(Including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section
73.2080(c) (1) (ii) of the EEO Rule, which should be separately identified),
identified by name, address, contact person, and telephone number.
3. The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during
the Applicable Period.
4. Data reflecting the total number of persons interviews for full-time vacancies
during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by
each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies.
5. A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Sections
73.2080(c) (2) of the FCC rules.
Appendices 1, 2, and 3 which follow have been designed, in the aggregate, to provide
the required information. Please note that the numbers listed on Appendix 2 under the
column entitled “Full-time Positions for Which This Source Was Utilized” refer to the
number of the full-time jobs listed on Appendix 1.
For purposes of this Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was
extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed.”
Job Title Recruitment Source of Hiree Total Number of Interviews from All Sources for Position
Electronic Engineer, KCCU kccu.org (station website) 2
Production Director Open (Due to state funding cuts affecting public universities, the university administration has elected not to fill this position at present. KCCU management is unaware at present if this is temporary or if the position will be eliminated.)
KCCU / Cameron University contacts the following organizations whenever it seeks to hire new, full-time employees. In addition, it notifies all current employees of any new, full-time job opening that they may want to apply for. Organizations can request to be added to this list by contacting “General Manager, KCCU-FM at 888-454-7800, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. KCCU / Cameron University encourages women and minorities to apply for positions.
Current Magazine - www.current.org
4400 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20016
Corporation for Public Broadcasting - www.cpb.org/jobline/
401 Ninth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004-2129
Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters - www.oabok.org/JobBank/
6520 N Western, Ste.104
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Texas Association of Broadcasters - www.tab.org/job-bank
Texas Association of Broadcasters
502 East 11th Street, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78701
Broadcast Education Association - https://netforum.avectra.com/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=BEA&WebCode=job
Broadcast Education Association
1771 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036-2891
Cameron University Website - https://cameron-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?company_id=16345&version=1
2800 W Gore Blvd.
Lawton, OK 73505
KCCU Website - www.kccu.org/
2800 W Gore Blvd.
Lawton, OK 73505
Lawton Constitution - http://www.swoknews.com/classifieds
102 SW 3rd Street
Lawton, OK 73501
Duncan Banner - http://marketplace.duncanbanner.com/
PO Box 1268
Duncan, OK 73534
Wichita Falls Times Record News - http://www.timesrecordnews.com/jobs/
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
The Ardmoreite - http://classifieds.ardmoreite.com/
117 W Broadway
Ardmore, OK 73401
The Altus Times - http://www.altustimes.com/pages/classifieds
218 W Commerce
Altus, OK 73521
HigherEd Jobs - http://www.higheredjobs.com/
715 Lake Street, Suite 400
Oak Park, IL 60301
Appendix 3: Supplemental (Non-Vacancy Specific) Recruitment Activities Undertaken by KCCU
Description of Activities:
KCCU personnel set-up a booth and had an active presence at the Red River Career Expo at Cameron University, Lawton, Oklahoma on February 18, 2016. Various staff members were present at the booth throughout the day to answer questions from interested parties and students and offer advice on careers in the broadcast industry.
KCCU personnel set-up a booth and had an active presence at the OAB / OBEA (Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters / Oklahoma Broadcast Education Association) Student Day and Job Fair at the Hard Rock Hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma on April 1, 2016. Production Director, Breanne Loving staffed the booth throughout that day, answered questions from interested parties and students and offered advice on careers in the broadcast industry. After the job fair, staff members attended the OBEA Student Awards Ceremony.
Station Manager and Operations Director, Cynthia Sosa gave a lecture to the Cameron University JRMP 1313 “Basic Radio Production” class on March 10, 2016. Underwriting Director, Joy Chapman gave a lecture to the Cameron University COMM 4901 Capstone Class on March 28, 2016. During the lectures, they touched on the following topics:
· Discussed with students KCCU’s history and network of stations.
· Discussed career opportunities in broadcasting, television and radio.
· Discussed internship opportunities available at KCCU.
· Discussed opportunities to take book knowledge and get practical experience while taking lab classes and interning at KCCU.
· Discussed opportunities for students to hone vocal communications and improve radio-television presentation and delivery.
· Discussed student opportunities to work on professional equipment and learn various aspects of radio station operation, including public service announcement (PSA) production, news production and news gathering.
· Discussed with students preparation for and participation in all phases of radio possible at KCCU.
· Discussed with students opportunities at KCCU for them to practice writing for broadcast.
Appendix 3: Supplemental (Non-Vacancy Specific) Recruitment Activities Undertaken by KCCU (cont.)
Internship / Broadcasting Lab:
As a department of Cameron University, KCCU facilitates the education of Cameron University students by supplying positions for students involved in Cameron University’s Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications.
The mission of the Communications program is to support Cameron University’s mission of offering educational opportunities for a diverse student body. The program strives to develop students’ intellectual capacities, prepares students for entry into graduate school and communication-related professions, and plays a role in general education.
Each semester, KCCU hosts several students involved in CU’s Communications curriculum, including students enrolled in the following courses:
· RTV3911 Radio Lab - Preparation for and participation in all phases of radio and television; may be repeated. Prerequisite: Department permission.
· RTV4923 Practicum - Supervised work experience in a professional setting which relates to the student's career objectives. The internship will allow practical experience in radio/television. May be repeated for a maximum of six hours. Prerequisites: Upper division standing and department permission.
Students are involved in writing and producing PSAs, news writing and production, and other duties as assigned by staff. KCCU staff assigns the students their letter-grade for the course(s).
Cameron University / KCCU EEO Statement:
The University, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, political beliefs, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, and education services.